Disclaimer: Not my characters. Owned by others. No money made, no harm intended.




Alphabet Challenge. Totally Silly.


Methos stopped cold, looking down at the bed. There was a yellow creature sitting on the bed spread, grinning up at the oldest Immortal who began to chuckle. Methos sank down on the bed, which seemed to be covered with all kinds of objects, and gathered the stuffed animal into his arms. He peered out from between its sticking-up ears. "For me?" he asked.

"No," Duncan said, rolling his eyes. "I was suddenly and overwhelmingly smitten with a desire for multiple Pokemon."

"Obviously." Methos continued to hold the stuffed Pikachu, looked at the other plastic toys on the bed, and started giggling.

"Pika," Methos said. "Pika PI! A Squirtle. A Charmander. A Bulba Bulbasaur. Oh, a Snorlax. SnorRRLAXX." Duncan collapsed on the bed beside the other Immortal and looked at him quizzically.

"Question?" Duncan started. Methos nodded. "Why are you saying Pika, Pika Pi?"

Rolling to his side, still holding onto the stuffed Pikachu, Methos started lining up the Pokemon on the bed. "It's what Pikachus say. All the Pokemon only say their own name, except Meowth, who can speak English. Which is pretty damn weird considering they're Japanese. So Pikachu says Pikachu. And Pika. And Pika Pi. And CHU! Duncan did you go nuts? There are dozens of Pokemon on this bed. Oh, a Mew. And oh whee, a Jigglypuff. Jigglypuffs sing. And when they sing, everyone falls asleep, and they get pissed off and run around and mark everyone's face with a magic marker." Methos started singing, mostly off key. "Oh, Jiggly puff. JigglEEeee Puff. Jiggly Puff. Jiggleee. . . Mmmpphhhh. . ."

"Spare ME." Duncan put his hand over Methos' mouth. "Oww. . . Do not bite! See if I ever buy you any more toys."

The other man settled back on one side, still clutching his Pikachu, gazing up at Duncan through his lashes and continuing to look at his new collection. "A Clefairy. A Chansey. No Bellsprout. No Muck. Oh, well. Maybe next time."

"Ummm, Methos?" Duncan reached over, gathered Methos into his arms, Pikachu and all, and kissed him on the tip of the nose. "How in hell do you know so much about these bizarre little creatures? Hmmm? Hmmm?" Duncan started tickling. Methos drew his legs up to his stomach and kicked Duncan right off the bed. Duncan landed with a thud and an ouch.

"Velociraptor?" Methos' face appeared over the edge of the bed staring down at Duncan. "Velociraptors are not Pokemon, you twit. Dinosaur, not Pokemon. That's a toy left over from 'Jurassic Park.' And how do I know so much about Pokemon? I watch the cartoons. On Saturday mornings."

"Well, what else could you possibly do with yourself on Saturday mornings?" Duncan sat up and raised his eyebrows.

"'Xactly," Methos agreed, as he held out the arm not holding the Pikachu to pull Duncan back on the bed.

"You really watch Saturday morning cartoons?" Duncan started laughing helplessly and collapsed on his back. "OUCH. What the hell did I land on?"

"Zubat," Methos said succinctly, holding up the little Pokemon.

"Another Pokemon?" Duncan groaned. Methos nodded. "How damn many of those things did I buy you?"

"Bunches. And where did you get them? And why, for heaven's sake?" Methos asked.

"Comic book shop," Duncan answered. "Because you said you wanted a stuffed Pikachu."

"Did not," Methos objected. "I *said* I wouldn't be caught dead with a teddy bear. I *said* that if I had to have a stuffed animal, I'd prefer a pikachu. But I've no need for stuffed animals."

"Evidently not." Duncan laughed out. "You just haven't let go of that one since you picked it up. I'd say it was love at first sight if anyone was asking me." Duncan rolled on the bed, chortling at the 'caught' look on Methos' face.

"Fuck," Methos said with a lifted eyebrow, looking down at the incriminating evidence in his arms. "Oh, well."

"Gotcha," Duncan said, grabbing the other man, rolling him over, and kissing him hard. "Hell, Methos, I wanted to buy you a present. Will you let me indulge you?"

"Happily," Methos said. "You can indulge me any old time. How about a car, next time. I really like how those new Jaguars look. Duncan, don't tickle me. Don't swat me either. Owww. . . " Methos raised his head and kissed Duncan back, then laid back and looked at his Pikachu.

"It's a very fat Pikachu," he observed. "Positively obese. Wonder if we should put it on a diet. DUNCAN!" Duncan snatched the Pikachu out of Methos' arms and tossed it off the bed. Methos yelped, threw Duncan off of him, and dove after the stuffed creature.

"Jerk. Infidel," Methos protested. "Barbarian. Do not hurt the Pikachu. Or the Pikachu will electrocute you. I promise." Methos grabbed the animal and tumbled back into the bed, rolling Duncan over and putting his mouth over the other man's.

Kissing back, Duncan turned Methos to his side. "Do you think the Pikachu would be traumatized if we had wild passionate sex in front of him?" Duncan asked. Methos considered and gently put the Pikachu on the floor beside the bed. Duncan went on. "And have I told you recently that I love you?"

"Lessee," Methos said. "No, actually, I don't think you've told me for an entire hour. Not with words anyway."







Email Diane at dswdiane@aol.com
Return to the Fanfic